Thomson Reuters hiring for Software Engineer
Project Summary & Position Overview
The Legal & Research Technology in Bangalore provides systems development and support for the content pathways and content processing needs of WestLaw. The group oversees and executes on a wide range of project types, ranging from cost-saving infrastructure to revenue-driving product development initiatives. We are looking for a highly motivated, innovative, and detailed oriented individual who will make an impact by contributing to the team’s development needs right away. The key area of focus for this position is serving as a Software engineer for a multi-year project to deliver new and re-engineered systems using AWS and its capabilities with excellent proficiency in Java, Angular JS, and Python.
Major Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Work with XML content
- Write Lambdas for AWS Step functions
- Come up with Functional Unit Test cases for the requirements in Java, Python, Angular JS, and Angular
- Actively participate in Code review of own and the peers
- Work with AWS Container offerings and their provisioning
- Work with AWS Security for provisioning
- Work with AWS Database offerings.
- Work with AWS Console to be able to provision the services
- Understand Integration points of upstream and downstream processes
- Learn new frameworks that are needed for implementation
- Maintain and update the Agile/Scrum dashboard for accurate tracking of own tasks
- Proactively pick up tasks and work toward the completion of them with aggressive timelines
- Understand the existing functionality of the systems and suggest how we can improve
- Very Strong in Java, OO design patterns and concepts
- Strong in Angular scripting
- Strong in Python
- Good knowledge of AWS Console
- Good knowledge of AWS Database Offerings
- Good knowledge of AWS Container offerings
- Good knowledge of AWS Step functions
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Attention to Detail
- Knowledge of AWS CI/CD pipelines
- Knowledge of Agile/Scrum tracking tools
- Keen on picking up newer concepts like AI/ML and Data science
- ‘Team Player
- Interact with internal/external teams
- Adaptability and Flexibility
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.