SAS job opening for Revenue Recognition Specialist job apply now
SAS · Pune, Maharashtra, India
Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, then you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re developing algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
As a member of a global revenue recognition team, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- Perform monthly and quarterly close procedures related to revenue activity to ensure proper revenue recognition in accordance with company policy and ASC 606
- Review customer arrangements and contracts to conclude on the appropriate revenue recognition treatment
- Assist in implementing, documenting, and maintaining an effective internal control environment as it relates to revenue recognition.
- Proactively identify process improvements and partner with various divisions to implement changes necessary to improve efficiency and mitigate risk
- Partner with the team on various revenue-related projects on an ad hoc basis
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 3+ years of experience in corporate or public accounting
- Strong technical accounting background, including experience with ASC 606 (experience in software or technology industry a plus)
- Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant (preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills