Job Opening for R&D– Senior Research Investigator
R&D– Senior Research Investigator application are invited by syngene , Syngene Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation. Investigator
Designation: R&D– Senior Research Investigator
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Chemical Development
Job purpose :
- R&D– Senior Research Investigator Responsible for the development of a safe and scalable synthetic process for the intermediates and API and works with Technology transfer /Process Engineering/Delivery team for the success of scale up projects.
- Lead and mentor a team of 3-5 scientists at M.Sc level.
- Contribute individually by performing experiments in lab and provide scientific and operational leadership to the team.
- Effectively manage resources to ensure productivity and quality (of development work) as per Syngene standards and customer requirement.
- Provide creative and innovative solutions to technical problems backed by a sound understanding of fundamental scientific principles in the team.
- Develop chemical processes that are inherently safe and scalable.
- Set and maintain high safety standards in the work environment.
- Encourage automation in PRD work (jacketed reactors, dosing pumps, probes etc), IPC analyses by PRD chemists and other best scientific practices in the team.
- Proactively lead development programs with minimum direction from customers.
- Prepare quality weekly research reports and development reports. Lead technical discussions in audioconferences with customer.
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Ensure environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures are imparted via training and adhered within the team
- Ph.D in Organic Chemistry or Chemical Engineering
- Fundamental synthetic organic chemistry knowledge with an ability to propose synthetic routes rapidly that is safe and scalable.
- Excellent process research skills including detailed route scouting and evaluation of the preferred route.
- Process optimization and development skills at par with customer/global standards.
- Basic knowledge in process engineering, particularly unit operations.
- Process Safety
- Sound knowledge in process analytical chemistry
- Designing experiments and proposing study plan
- Strong analytical skills to derive trend, conclusion, and path forward, out of large set of data.
- Logical thinking and attention to details.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Operational Excellence.
- People Management
- 3-6 years post qualification
- Should have the capability to work in a team and ability to handle demonstrate a good team spirit.
- While possessing a good ability to follow instruction should also demonstrate innovative in his/her approach, good communication skills.
- Should be proactive while working on allotted responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
It is the policy of Syngene to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable legislation or local law. In addition, Syngene will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
2 thoughts on “Job Opening for R&D– Senior Research Investigator”
Comments are closed.