Opportunity for Pharmacists to Join Reserve Bank of India, 04 vacancies
The Reserve Bank of India was established on April 1, 1935 in accordance with the provisions of the Reserve Bank of India Act, 1934. The Central Office of the Reserve Bank was initially established in Kolkata but was permanently moved to Mumbai in 1937. The Central Office is where the Governor sits and where policies are formulated. Though originally privately owned, since nationalisation in 1949, the Reserve Bank is fully owned by the Government of India.
Post : Pharmacist
Reserve Bank of India, Patna (herein after referred to as ‘the Bank’) invites applications from eligible candidates for preparing a panel of Four (04) Pharmacists on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration for a maximum period of 240 days at various Bank’s dispensaries located within Patna. The reservation requirement of the vacancies is as under
No of posts : 04 (OBC*-1, GEN-3)
a) Educational qualification:
• Matriculation or its equivalent examination.
• Applicant should possess minimum qualification of Diploma in Pharmacy from recognized University registered under Pharmacy Act 1948.
• Applicant having Bachelors’ degree (B.Pharm) in Pharmacy can also apply for this post.
• Applicant should be registered with State Pharmacy Council.
• Minimum experience of two (02) years as a pharmacist. Experience with PSB’s/PSU’s /Government organization will be given preference.
• Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of overall education qualifications (PG/Degree/Diploma), distance of residence from various Bank’s dispensaries, experience with PSBs/PSU’s/Government organization/RBI etc.
• The Bank will conduct an interview for the shortlisted candidates. The Bank reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards in order to limit the number of candidates to be called for the interview. The decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final. Mere fulfilling of the eligibility criteria does not entitle the candidates to be called for Interview.
• Candidates shortlisted after the interview shall be subjected to medical examination and document verification process before engagement as pharmacist. Please note that the cost of medical tests shall have to be borne by the applicant/s themselves. No TA/HA & any other allowances shall be paid for attending the interview.
• A candidate will be engaged as pharmacist of the Bank subject to his/her being found medically fit and on acceptance of Terms and Conditions and the Code of Conduct (Annex II). The decision of the Bank in this regard shall be final and the Bank will not entertain any correspondence in this regard.
Code of Conduct for engaging services of Pharmacists on hourly basis
1. Every Pharmacist shall observe, comply with and obey all orders and directions which may from time to time be given to him by any person or persons under whose jurisdiction, superintendence or control he may for the time being be placed.
2. Every Pharmacist shall maintain the strictest secrecy regarding the Bank’s affairs and the affairs of its constituents and shall not divulge, directly or indirectly, any information of a confidential nature either to a member of the public or of the Bank’s staff, unless compelled to do so by judicial or other authority, or unless instructed to do so by a superior officer in the discharge of his duties.
3. Every Pharmacist shall serve the Bank honestly and faithfully and shall use his utmost endeavours to promote the interests of the Bank and shall show courtesy and attention in all transactions.
4. No Pharmacist shall take an active part in politics or in any political demonstration or stand for election as member for a Municipal Council, District Board or any Legislative Body.
5. No Pharmacist shall become or continue to be a member or office-bearer of, or be otherwise directly or indirectly associated with, any trade union or a federation of such trade union or resort to, or in any way abet, any form of strike or participate in any violent, unseemly or indecent demonstration in connection with any matter pertaining to his/her terms and conditions of contract.
6. No Pharmacist may contribute to the press anything relating to -the affairs of the Reserve Bank of India without the prior sanction in writing from the Bank or publish any document, paper, or information which may come into his possession in his capacity as Pharmacist of the Bank.
7. A Pharmacist shall not solicit or accept any gift from any employee.
8. A Pharmacist shall not absent from his duties without the permission from the Bank and making alternate arrangement acceptable to the Bank during his absence. Such alternate arrangement shall not exceed five days at a time.
9. A Pharmacist shall not outsource his service to the Bank.
10. A Pharmacist shall –
a) strictly abide by any law relating to intoxicating drinks or drugs in force in any area in which he may, for the time being, happen to be.
b) not be under the influence of any intoxicating drink or drug while on duty and shall also take care that performance of his duties at any time is not affected in any way by the influence of such drink or drug.
c) refrain from consuming, in a public place, any intoxicating drink or drug.
d) not appear in a public place in a state of intoxication.
e) not use any intoxicating drink or drug to excess.
Explanation: The term “public place” would include clubs even exclusively meant for members where it is permissible for the members to invite non-members as guests, bars and restaurants, public conveyances and all other places to which the public have or are permitted to have access, whether on payment or otherwise.
11. No Pharmacist shall indulge in any act of sexual harassment of any woman employee at work place.
Explanation: For this purpose, “Sexual Harassment” shall include such unwelcome sexually determined behaviour, whether directly or by implication as: –
(a) Physical contact and advances,
(b) demand or request for sexual favours,
(c) sexually coloured remarks,
(d) showing pornography,
(e) any other unwelcome physical, verbal or non-verbal conduct of a sexual nature.
12. The contract is liable to be terminated if a Pharmacist is arrested for debt or on a criminal charge or is detained in pursuance of any process of law.
13. Pharmacist shall not give, solicit or receive nor shall offer to give solicit or receive, any gift, gratuity, commission or bonus in consideration of or return for the referring, recommending or procuring of any patient for medical, surgical or other treatment. A Pharmacist shall not directly or indirectly, participate in or be a party to act of division, transference, assignment, subordination, rebating, splitting or refunding of any fee for medical, surgical or other treatment.
14. The provision at para 13 above shall apply with equal force to the referring, recommending or procuring by a pharmacist, or any person, specimen or material for diagnostic purposes or other study/work.
15. The service is liable to be terminated in case a Pharmacist commits a breach of the code of conduct of the Bank mentioned above or the terms and conditions of the contract accepted by him/her, displays negligence, inefficiency or indolence, or knowingly does anything detrimental to the interests of the Bank or in conflict with its instructions or is guilty of any other act of misconduct.
I. Interested & eligible candidates may apply as per the format given in Annex-I only. Application in a sealed cover along with photocopies of certificates of Professional/Academic/Other qualifications, caste certificate, experience certificate, age proof etc. should reach the Regional Director, Human Resource Management Department, Recruitment Section, Reserve Bank of India, South Gandhi Maidan, Patna – 800 001 on or before 17:30 hrs. of November 20, 2023. The sealed cover should be super-scribed as ‘Application for the post of Pharmacist on contract basis with fixed hourly remuneration’. Note: – Applications not in the prescribed format or not accompanying copies of requisite documents / Certificates will be summarily rejected.
II. Candidates are advised to thoroughly read this advertisement and satisfy themselves about their eligibility before submitting the application.
III. Candidates seeking reservation as Other Backward Caste (OBC) must ensure that they are entitled to such reservation and must submit all the requisite certificates/undertaking in the prescribed format in support of their claim along with the application.
IV. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC shall have to produce a certificate in the proforma prescribed by Govt. of India only, meant for appointment to posts under the Government of India from the designated authority clearly indicating the candidate’s caste, the Act/Order under which the caste is recognised as OBC and the Village/Town the candidate is ordinarily a resident of. They must also ensure that the name of their caste/community and its spelling in their caste/community certificate must be exactly as mentioned in the lists notified by the Central Government from time to time (for OBC category, list of castes recognized by the Government of India as OBC castes in the central list is available on the website https://ncbc.nic.in). A certificate containing any variation in the caste name shall not be accepted. Further, the OBC certificate must also clearly indicate that the candidate does not belong to creamy layer as defined by the Government of India for applying to posts and services under the Central Government. Candidates belonging to OBC category but falling under the ‘Creamy Layer’ are not entitled to OBC reservation. The OBC candidates claiming reservation under the said category must produce OBC (Non-Creamy Layer) certificate based on the income for the Financial Year (FY) 2022-2023, 2021-2022 and 2020-21 and issued on/ after April 01, 2023 (after the completion of FY 2022-23) but not later than the closing date of application for the post. The candidate must be in possession of requisite OBC certificate in the prescribed format in support of his/her claim for availing reservation on / before the closing date of applications for the above posts i.e. November 20, 2023.
V. Candidates seeking reservation as OBC shall also be required to submit an undertaking to the effect that on the closing date of this advertisement, they do not belong to the creamy layer.