Job opening in Bioclinica looking for Drug Safety Associate
Bioclinica is utilizing data and technology to enable more efficient trial conduct. We are looking at ways to reduce the size of the trials, provide greater clarity into the effect of the drug, and to reduce the amount of complexity in the trial. We do this by improving trial design and utilizing advanced analytics to identify patients who would be high responders for a particular clinical trial.
Post : Drug Safety Associate II
As Quality Check Reviewer
• Review data entered in safety database for completeness and accuracy.
• Provide quality feedback to team resources
• Track and maintain quality metrics
As Case Processor
• Responsible for data entry of Individual case safety reports into the safety database.
• Review and evaluate AE case information to determine required action based on and following internal policies and procedures.
• Process all incoming cases in order to meet timelines.
• Full data entry including medical coding and safety narrative
As Medical Coder
• Responsible for coding all medical history, events, drugs /procedures/indications and laboratory tests according to the appropriate dictionary (For e.g. MedDRA, Company Product Dictionary, WHO-DD).
• As Narrative Writer
• Responsible for writing medically relevant safety narrative of cases and checking the completeness and accuracy of the data entered in the various fields.
• Following up with sites regarding outstanding queries.
• Follow up on reconciliation of discrepancies.
• Follow departmental AE workflow procedures.
• Closure and deletion of cases.
• Mentor and guide the activities of the Dug Safety Associate.
• High level of proficiency al all workflow tasks.
• Perform any other drug safety related activities as assigned.
Specialized knowledge and skills
• Basic competence with medical and therapeutic terminology.
• Ability to work independently but guided by documented procedures, with appropriate support.
• Able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Understanding of patient safety regulatory obligations.
• Should be familiar with regulatory & pharmacovigilance guidelines.
• Should be familiar with pharmacovigilance terminology.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Ability to deliver within established timelines.
• Fluency in English and excellent comprehension.
• Computer literate.
• Relevant product and industry knowledge.
• Experience with relevant software applications.
• Requires a proactive approach and excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills required to interact with clients, management, and peers effectively.
• Effective cross‑department communication.
• Ability to document and communicate problem/resolution and information/action plans.
Desired technical skills
• Person should be familiar with MS Office Tools.
• Safety database knowledge
Other skills: The ability to contribute to a team environment with a high degree of professionalism and skill. Demonstrate flexibility within a dynamic, fast-paced, cross-functional team. Demonstrated ability to complete multiple tasks concurrently and deliver results in a fast-paced environment. Ability to perform under stringent timelines.
Additional Information :
Location : Mysore, India
Industry Type : Pharma / Biotech / Clinical Research
Functional Area : Drug Safety
End Date : 30th March, 2021