Job Opening for Software Development Manager- Machine Learning Systems | Amazon
Job Opening for Software Development Manager- Machine Learning Systems
Company : Amazon
Our mission is to prevent denied parties from transacting with Amazon businesses. We build automatic mechanisms to detect and prevent prohibited transactions with the denied parties using a diverse set of algorithms and machine learning techniques. We screen over a half a billion events every day, integrate with Tier 1 systems and deal with unique scaling and TPS challenges. We are still day 1 and have an exciting road map to build ML powered detection and resolution framework to help scale Amazon for years to come. Amazon invite the application for opening for software Development manager – machine Learning.
We are looking for an outstanding software development manager who has the passion for working on challenging problems from the very early stages. Together with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers, ML scientists, and subject domain experts, you will help define our customer experience and protect Amazon brand. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are technical and innovative, and looking for an opportunity to build ML systems and solutions, we want to talk to you.
Ideal candidate will have a strong technical background and solid people management skills to build, manage and develop a highly-talented and experienced engineering team. We are seeking leaders that can guide technical and product innovation in the areas of voice and visual experiences, machine learning models and the distributed systems to bring our vision together. Strong judgment and communication skills, long term technical vision, and continuous focus on engineering and operational excellence are essential for the success in this role.
Software Development Manager BASIC QUALIFICATIONS :
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
· 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
· Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS :
- Proficiency with at least one Object Oriented language (e.g. Java, Python)
· Experience with building high-performance, highly-available and scalable enterprise grade software products
· Knowledge of software engineering practices & patterns for the full software/hardware/networks development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and live site operations
· Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch and SLA-driven operations of the project
· Experience in communicating with end users, technical & business teams and management to collect requirements, describe product features, and technical designs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.