Google Hiring for Web Solutions Engineer Apply Now
About the job
gTech’s Product and Tools Operations team (gPTO) leverages deep user, operational, and technical insights to innovate Google’s Ads products into customer experiences that are so intuitive (or automated) that they require no support at all. gPTO partners closely with gTech’s Support, Professional Services, Product Management, and Engineering teams to innovate and simplify our Ads products and build the productivity tools ecosystem for gTech users.
The Product and Tools Operations team maintains the close relationships with the Engineering and Product partners necessary to develop and improve Google’s products and internal tools. As a Web Solutions Engineer on the Tools Development and Automation team, you’ll be responsible for managing solutions that make our broader Global Professional Services organization more efficient. You’ll help drive the development of tools and will be involved in ideating required product features and designing/implementing quick and scalable solutions. You will work with Google’s infrastructure to handle big problems over large datasets.
You’ll be working as a part of an Engineering team responsible for developing and supporting tools, prototyping proofs of concept, and writing/reviewing technical design documents to meet the needs of our services teams. You will adhere to Google’s software development best practices and work in close partnership with other Project/Product Management and Engineering teams.
Google creates products and services that make the world a better place, and gTech’s role is to help bring them to life. Our teams of trusted advisors support customers globally. Our solutions are rooted in our technical skill, product expertise, and a thorough understanding of our customers’ complex needs. Whether the answer is a bespoke solution to solve a unique problem, or a new tool that can scale across Google, everything we do aims to ensure our customers benefit from the full potential of Google products.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in web development with object-oriented programming languages (e.g. Java, C++ or Python).
- Experience with HTML and/or CSS.
- Demonstrated passion for engineering and experience with unit testing, agile project development, and bug and change management systems.
- Ability to provide effective technical solutions to business challenges.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible/adaptable in exercising judgment in a dynamic environment and to prioritize and manage tasks efficiently.
- Design, build and deploy scalable software platforms for teams within gTech.
- Ensure that technical solutions are designed in a way that enables other teams to easily access data for operational reporting and data visualization.
- Collaborate with Product Engineers to enhance core platforms and create applications using standard and Google-specific software development tools.
- Write and review technical documents, including design, development, revision documents and review code in compiled or scripted languages.
- Analyze, review and modify programs to increase operating efficiency or meet new requirements as well as execute testing, debugging, maintenance and/or program updates.