Career Opportunities: Senior Research Investigator-Performance & Speciality Materials
Designation: Senior Research Investigator
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Performance & Speciality Materials
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
To Lead the projects for PSM Organic Chemistry/Monomer group
- Responsible for execution of organic chemistry projects for PSM Process R&D and scale-up.
- Transfer the process from laboratory scale to plant scale.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure availability of resources for the projects.
- Ensure that all assigned work is delivered in a timely manner and all associated requirements, objectives and targets are fully met.
- Maintain laboratory records and data systems.
- Prepare updates/reports for effective internal and external communication.
- Train junior level chemists to develop their experimental/technical skills.
- Drive the regulatory and EHS values.
- Pro-actively identifies, reports and improves safety issues in the laboratory area.
- Develop chemical processes using organic chemistry knowledge to synthesize monomers with high purity
- Set and maintain high safety standards in the work environment
- Execute/manage small scale projects (organic chemistry/monomer) at lab to manufacturing
- Client engagement (updates and the teleconference)
- Developing and uplifting the best systems and procedure with in PSM and Syngene
- Provide inputs for the RFP preparation (technical)
- Leading a group of 4-5 people
- Preparing the update conducting the teleconferences
- Uplifting the good laboratory, safety practices
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Attend training on environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures imparted company
Ph.D. in Organic Chemistry from premier institutes in India or abroad, with post-doctoral experience in US/EU/Japan.
- Extensive experience in a R&D environment, preferably in organic chemistry/monomer synthesis and related field.
- Good understanding of various synthetic protocols/methodologies in the field of organic chemistry.
- Basic understanding of organic chemistry/small molecules/monomers & characterization with various analytical techniques
- Excellent organic chemistry /laboratory experimental skills for Process R&D
- General understanding of plant and chemical operations.
- cGMP knowledge
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Computer knowledge e.g.; MS – Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Windows etc.
- Experience in scientific literature search
3-6 years post qualification
- Should have the capability to work in a team and ability to handle demonstrate a good team spirit.
- While possessing a good ability to follow instruction should also demonstrate innovative in his/her approach, good communication skills.
- Should be proactive while working on allotted responsibility.