Career Opportunities: Research Associate-Process R&D at Syngene International Ltd
Designation: Research Associate
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: Process R&D
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
To work on process development and synthesis of organic compounds.
- Involvement in preparing the cost sheets for new RFP’s
- Performing experiments by focusing robust process, scale up studies, engineering studies etc. to ensure the process is robust enough to scale up
- Noticing criticality of the experiments and provide valuable feedback to improve the process in-order to avoiding the batch failure
- Optimizing the chemical processes in terms of safety, robustness, and reproducibility to synthesize the target APIs for tox/clinical studies on pilot plant scale followed by large/commercial scale
- Planning the lab experiments as per the Gantt chart to meet the timeline for the projects
- Preparing the weekly update and sharing to the project leader
- Effectively utilize the available equipment’s such as jacketed reactor, parallel synthesized, HPLC and RC1 to generate documents and optimization of PRD process to scalable process.
- Identifying the process related impurities and developing a robust process in-order to control the impurity or rejecting the impurity by purification method
- Ensuring 100% compliance in cGMP, GDP and data integrity
- Generating documents such as use test, solubility, halting time stability, stress experiments etc. for TTD and BMR preparations
- Interacting with AD team MoA transfer for IPC, intermediate/Finished product and raw materials
- Minimum number of experiments as per the organization requirements and generating data which should help to scale up of projects
- Analyzing the regular in-process samples in analytical lab
- Possess the knowledge and exposure to environment, health, and safety (EHS) practices
- Follow environment, health, and safety (EHS) requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual and lab/plant safety
- Attend training on environment, health, and safety (EHS) measures imparted company
M.Sc in Organic Chemistry
3-4 years post qualification relevant experience in Process Research and Scale up, preferably CRO background .
- Knowledge in literature search
- Knowledge on TLC, Column Chromatography and Crystallizations
- Understand the progress of the reaction and laboratory safety practices, Understand reaction mechanisms and Named reactions
- He should be able to handle the shift operations independently
- Experience of handling hazardous chemicals like NBL, DIBAL-H and corrosive reagents.
- Hands on experience of handling of API equipment’s like, Reactor, Centrifuge, Vacuum tray drier and Hydrogentaor.
- Having knowledge about handling of regulatory audits and customer audits
- Should have the capability to work in a team and ability to handle demonstrate a good team spirit.
- While possessing a good ability to follow instruction should also demonstrate innovative in his/her approach, good communication skills.
- Should be proactive while working on allotted responsibility.