Career Opportunities for SENIOR ASSOCIATE SCIENTIST at Syngene International Ltd
Designation: Associate Scientist
Job Location: Bangalore
Department: SARC-Discovery Chemistry
Incorporated in 1993, Syngene International Ltd. is an innovation-focused global discovery, development and manufacturing organization providing integrated scientific services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, nutrition, animal health, consumer goods and specialty chemical industries around the world. Syngene’ s clientele includes world leaders such as Bristol-Myers Squibb, Baxter, Amgen, GSK, Merck KGaA and Herbalife. Its innovative culture is driven by the passion of its 4240- strong team of scientists who work with clients from around the world to solve their scientific problems, improve R&D productivity, speed up time to market and lower the cost of innovation.
Job Purpose (1-2 Lines)
Personnel handling this profile will be responsible for performing reactions as per the requirement of the project. They are also responsible for documenting the observations in relevant note books. They are to follow instructions from the supervisor and work in a group (or individually) to accomplish the tasks in a timely and efficient manner
Key Responsibilities: (Maximum 5-8 Points)
- Perform synthetic chemistry reactions, reaction work-ups, purification of the compounds by column chromatography, , crystallization, re-crystallization techniques, preparative TLC and operating lab equipments
- Ensure that the samples generated during the course of synthesis are given for analysis and record subsequent results obtained and update the supervisor / group leader on the progress of synthesis and ensure samples are packed appropriately for shipment
- Record the observations of experiment/reaction, results, utilization of resources and other activities related to the reaction in the laboratory or e-notebook following guidelines and in timely manner and ensure that the same is handled safely and confidentially.
- Ensure that the instrument / equipment are calibrated, undergone preventive maintenance and are kept clean before use and in case of any breakdown, report to maintenance immediately
- Ensure that they know the MSDS of the chemicals they are handling and aware of emergency response procedures in case of accidental spillage, leakage or fire and ensure proper waste segregation as per EHS norms
- Follow EHS and quality system requirements at all times in the workplace ensuring individual safety and lab safety
- Attend all mandatory trainings and update training records as and when trainings are completed
- Ensure confidentiality at all times
MSc (Chemical Sciences).
- Should be familiar with concepts of chemical synthesis
- Familiar with operations of relevant apparatus – instrument / equipment.
- Able to work follow instructions and perform the tasks under the supervision of the project leader
- Fair interpersonal skills